GW Instek GW-GPT-9801:
Hipot Safety Tester - AC Withstanding - 200 VA - 5kV ac
- 200 VA AC Test Capacity
- 240 x 64 Ice Blue Dot matrix LCD
- Manual / Auto Mode
- Function Key for quick selecting
- High intensity flash for Caution & Status indication
- Safety Interlock function
- Zero Crossing Turn-on Operation
- Controllable Ramp-up Time
- True RMS Current Measurement
- High resolution: 1 uA for measuring current 2 V for setting voltage
- PWM amplifier to enhance power efficiency and reliable testing Max. 100 memory block for test condition setting, and each step can be named individually
- Remote terminal on the front panel for Start, Stop & Control
- Interface: RS-232C, USB device, Signal I/O, GPIB (optional)
- 2 Years Warranty
A Solid Foundation for Reliable, Safe and Practical Safety Compliance Testing
The GW-GPT-9800 Series of safety testers (hi-pot testers/hipot testers) offer high durability and multiple user protection features. The GW-GPT-9800 Series meets a variety of safety standards such as IEC, EN, UL, CSA, GB, JIS and other safety related requirements for the safety tests of electronic products and components.
A total of 4 safety testers are in the GW-GPT-9800 Series, namely the GPT-9804, GPT-9803, GPT-9802 and GPT-9801, are cover various applications. The GW-GPT-9801 is capable of performing AC withstanding tests up to 5kVac. The GW-GPT-9804 is a 4-in-1 model capable of performing AC withstanding, as well as DC withstanding, insulation resistance and ground bond tests The GW-GPT-9803 is a 3-in-1 model capable of performing AC withstanding, DC withstanding and insulation resistance tests. The GW-GPT-9802 is capable of performing both AC and DC withstanding tests. The series of safety testers is built upon a high-efficiency PWM amplifier platform with AC 200VA maximum output capacity to impede the influence from the voltage fluctuation of the input AC source. This ensures a stable voltage supply for all the tests of the GPT-9800 Series.
Regarding user protection, the GPT-9800 series uses a combination of hardware and software controls to improve safety: A self-check is performed to make sure all the functions and operations are under normal condition each time when the tester is turned on; the Zero Crossing Turn-On design imposes the output voltage to always begin at the zero crossing of a sine wave to avoid the impact of surge voltage output; and the output voltage is automatically cut off (within 150μs) when abnormal output voltages have been detected or when the upper or lower current limits have been reached during testing. To protect operator from hazardous injury, the GPT-9800 Series automatically discharges the DUT after test (within 200ms) each time to eliminate excessive voltage that remains on the DUT. To further ensure safety, the interlock connector can also be used as double protections to prevent inadvertent operation.
The GPT-9800 Series, is equipped with a simple & clear panel layout, a high resolution dot matrix LCD display, and color LED indicators, allowing operators to interpret measurement results easily and quickly. All major test functions, including AC withstanding (AC 5kV/40mA), DC withstanding (DC 6kV/10mA), insulation resistance (DC 50V ~ 1000V) and ground bond (AC 30A max.) tests, are performed under a high stability voltage output with high resolution measurement results. Furthermore, the test duration, ramp up time and upper/lower limits of the output voltage are fully adjustable to accommodate a wide variety of safety tests with accurate measurement results.
Other functions and features of the GPT-9801 includes: open circuit detection for ground bond testing to get correct measurement result with confidence; 100 sets of memory to save panel settings, which can be recalled for single test individually or for automatic tests in sequence; a remote output on-off terminal in the front panel and a signal I/O port in the rear panel provided as the means for remote start/stop control of the safety tester; RS-232C, USB and GPIB (optional) interfaces available for PC remote control and test result logging.
Scope of Delivery:
- GW Instek GW-GPT-9801 Base Unit
- Quick Start Guide
- CD (complete User Manual)
- Power cord
- Interlock Key
- Remote terminal male plug
- Test lead GHT-114 x 1
- Opt.1 GPIB card
- GHT-113 High Voltage Test Pistol
- GHT-117 High Voltage Adapter Box
- GHT-118 High Voltage / Ground Bond Adapter Box
- GHT-205 High Voltage Test Probe
- GTL-232 RS232C Cable, 9-pin Female to 9-pin, null Modem for Computer
- GTL-247 USB Cable, A-A type, approx. 1.8m
- GTL-248 GPIB Cable, approx. 2m
- GRA-417 RACK Adapter Panel (19”, 4U)